La Grande Cosse (Aude)
- In the Aude region, a 3-star campsite surrounded by lakes and vineyards at the foot of La Clape mountain
- 2 km of beach perfect for water sports or fishing, with activities for all ages, heated swimming pool.
- Friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Excursions available to help discover the Languedoc-Roussillon
More information on La Grande Cosse
Odalys vacances "Les Jardins de Vénus" (Aude)
- Situated on the peninsula of Port Leucate, in the Languedoc-Roussillon
- Semi-detached duplex villas with views of the sea, the saltwater lake and the Pyrenees
- Water sports, rambling, cycling and mountain biking, various entertainment options
- Close to Corbières, Perpignan and Narbonne
More information on Odalys vacances "Les Jardins de Vénus"
La Sablière (Gard)
- Covering 62 hectares of unspoilt nature in the Gorges de la Cèze
- Beaches on the river banks, 3 swimming pools, including 1 indoor, heated pool, saunas, gym/fitness room, mini-golf, tennis… and jam-making lessons from Gaby
- 4-star campsite with pitches, furnished tents, chalets, bungalows
More information on La Sablière
La Genèse (Gard)
- Nestling in a valley in the Cevennes mountains, in the heart of the Cèze Gorges, an ideal spot for family naturist holidays
- Camping pitches, eco-lodge tents, chalets and mobile homes
- Direct access to the river: a fantastic play area for swimming and canoeing
More information on La Genèse
Centre Hélio Marin René Oltra (Hérault)
- 4-star Naturist Centre near the lovely city of Agde
- 39 hectares, with pitches and several different rental accommodation options
- Luxury cottages in Pearl Village with private spa facilities.
- A range of sports, leisure activities, festivities, children’s entertainment
- Excursions to visit Agde, Montpellier and the Languedoc region
More information on Centre Hélio Marin René Oltra
Sérignan Plage Nature (Hérault)
- An oasis of green on the Mediterranean coast, set beside a large beach of fine sand
- An open-air Balneotherapy area of some 2800 m²
- The entertainment team will welcome you and your children and can suggest a number of different activities – both on site and in the area
More information on Sérignan Plage Nature
Le Cap d'Agde, Pézenas, the real South!
Le Cap d’Agde offers a window onto the real, hidden and authentic South of France by the Mediterranean, and is part of a vine-clothed region that extends to Pézenas and the Val d’Hérault. Villages of character and historic towns have sprung up there along the length of the River Hérault as far as its mouth at the Mediterranean Sea.
Le Cap d’Agde, a holiday destination with 4 sites!
Le Cap d’Agde is famous for its mild, sunny climate and enjoys a location amongst unspoilt nature ideal for holidays by the sea. It also forms a group together with Agde, a town of Greek origin with 26 centuries of history and heritage, le Grau d'Agde, a traditional village of sailors and fishermen and La Tamarissière, a beautiful beach in the shade of a centuries old forest of maritime pines and tamarix.
Le Cap d’Agde, nature that is unspoilt and extraordinary ... meaningful sustainable development!
On both sides of Le Cap d’Agde’s rocky cape of volcanic cliffs, stretches 14 km of fine sandy beaches. Its natural and fragile heritage is protected by registered and classified sites: The Bagnas National Nature Reserve, the Canal du Midi , the Tamarissière forest, the Sentier sous-marin underwater trail and the Cap d’Agde Posidonia Natura 2000 site.
The extraordinary and unspoilt natural area of the Bagnas Lake is a complex ecosystem set between land and sea, where the Bagnas National Nature Reserve is home to 250 species of migrating birds. This migration site of international importance belongs to the Conservatoire du Littoral [French Coastal Protection Authority] and is managed by ADENA –the Agde Association for the Protection of the Environment and Nature, which has designed activities for learning about the fauna and flora.
The Sentier sous-marin underwater trail also offers the opportunity to discover underwater fauna, flora and scenery. It stretches along the volcanic cliffs amongst the rocky floors, posidonia beds and large volcanic slabs!
The “Posidonia of Cap d’Agde” Natura 2000 site extends over more than 6,000 hectares of coastal waters. This immense reserve harbours both natural and archaeological underwater treasures.
Agde: remains steeped in history!
Agde was founded by the Greeks on this volcanic and rocky site and together with Marseille is one of France's oldest towns. It was built over a period of 26 centuries along the river and around a maritime-based world, remains of which resurface regularly and are kept in the charming Ephebe museum of underwater archaeology.
This museum was built to house outstanding underwater archaeological collections, and today contains the most beautiful collection of art works found in situ, including the famous Ephebe bronze statue.
On foot, by bike, by boat … sightseeing independently with an audio-guide or following a guided tour with an independent guide …don’t leave Cap d’Agde before exploring the town of Agde, its medieval fortress and Renaissance houses, the architecture of its ramparts and cathedral, its churches and typical back streets, the basalt doors and staircases of its town houses ...
In 2011 Le Cap d’Agde was awarded the “20 century heritage label" for its architectural features: here modern architecture itself is hailed though the creations of its architect and founder Jean Le Couteur, a great sailor and sea lover, who designed his project around a large port open to the sea ...
Le Cap d’Agde, the art of living in the Languedoc
Set between the hills and the sea, Le Cap d’Agde and the Val d’Hérault invite you to come on some beautiful gastronomic journeys.
Under the shade of olive groves in charming villages and through well known vineyards, gourmets and wine lovers follow the Route des Vignerons et des Pêcheurs, sampling excellent crus in cool wine cellars, whose identity lies in a marriage of terroir, Mediterranean climate and grape varieties.
In the salty air of the oyster farms in the Thau basin, you can enjoy sampling oysters, mussels, clams, razor clams and sea figs caught the same morning. The Mediterranean on your plate!
Le Cap d’Agde, sport or relaxation, it’s your choice!
For getting together as a couple or a family and finally taking the time to recharge your batteries, soak up the sun, play, swim or sail ... At Le Cap d’Agde, holiday fun is never far from the water: the fine sandy beaches are wide, welcoming, well equipped and maintained.
And if you prefer fresh water, the new Archipel aquatic centre and balneotherapy centres will take good care of you.
The more active may prefer scuba diving in the Natura 2000 Reserve, water sports, sailing, kayaking or even golf and tennis.
Whether for sport or relaxation, both young and old have a wide choice of leisure activities.
Le Cap d’Agde, Agde, party time…
Evenings spent with friends on the quaysides, in the casino and night clubs: day or night, get into Le Cap d’Agde spirit during the key events.
From Easter to October there are festivals, traditional celebrations, regattas, water jousting tournaments, shows and concerts.
By road :
- A9 motorway, "Agde" exit via road numbers D612 and D612A
- A75 motorway, to Clermont-Ferrand via road numbers D617, D612A, D13 and N9
- D612 to Béziers or Sète
By Air :
- Béziers - Cap d'Agde Airport (15 km).
- Direct low-cost flights within Europe : Bristol, Düsseldorf-Weeze, Londres-Luton, Manchester, Oslo-Rygge, Southampton, Stockholm-Skavsta, and a seasonal route from Billund.
- Montpellier -Méditerranée Airport (70 km).
- Direct flights to France : Ajaccio , Bastia , Paris Roissy, Paris Orly, Lyon , Nantes , Rennes .
- Direct flights to Europe/International : Alger, Amsterdam, Bruxelles-Charleroi, Casablanca, Copenhague, Francfort Hahn, Leeds-Bradford, Londres-Gatwick, Londres-Luton, Madrid, Oran.
By rail :
- SNCF railway Station - Agde
- Several direct TGV services daily, all year round : Paris-Agde/Agde-Paris and Lille-Agde/Agde-Lille.
- Many links with northern Europe : England (TGV Eurostar), Benelux (TGV Thalys and directs trains), Germany and Switzerland.
- Service for car/sleeper trains (Narbonne).
By bus :
- Bus services from the SNCF railway station to Agde, Le Cap d'Agde and Le Grau d'Agde : all year round
Office de Tourisme du Cap d'Agde
Bulle d'Accueil - Rond-point du Bon accueil - BP 544
F-34305 Le Cap d'Agde cedex
Phone : +33 (0)4 67 01 04 04 - Fax : +33 (0)4 67 26 22 99