Gerberoy, one of France's Most Beautiful Villages, can be found in the center of the triangle formed by Beauvais, Rouen and Amiens right in the heart of Picardy.
Nicknamed "the town of roses", the flower-dotted cobblestone streets of Gerberoy are ideal for long walks. You will surely discover the charm of it's 17th and 18th century houses made from wood and mud or brick, which become blanketed in flowers come spring and summer, turning the town into a true rose garden. Between its famous Blue House, Robin house and the entrance to the village, you will have no doubts as to how Gerberoy earned its nickname: flowers can be found everywhere!
With its distinctive architecture, ramparts and Charlemagne tower, Gerberoy makes for a truly unique visit.
Not to be missed
- The collegial church of Saint-Pierre: the wooden-vaulted nave and remarkable stone choir of this fifteenth-century structure are testament to its rich history.
- City hall and municipal museum: The first floor of this 17th century building houses a small museum dedicated to conserving the town's archives, artists' paintings and old posters.
- The ramparts, now accessible via a tree-lined promenade, classified in 1913.
- The ruins of an ancient fortress that were transformed into a beautiful Italian garden by painter Henri Le Sidaner. The three-leveled structure, called the Temple of Love, is visible from the ramparts' walkways.
In the surrounding area
- Amiens cathedral: One of the finest available example of scared gothic art, classified as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
- The Chantilly Estate: Stroll throughout the park's paths, discover the castle's masterpieces and take in a horse show at this important site in French history.
- Parc Astérix: This reconstruction of the village inhabtied by the world's most famous Gauls, located 30 km north of Paris, has rides and entertainment for all ages.
- Beauvais airport (25 km away)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle airport (100 km away)
- Orly airport (128 km away)
By train: Lachapelle-sous-Gerberoy station
By car: Highway A16 Amiens - Beauvais
Gerberoy tourist information point
Early April through late September
Tuesday-Sunday and holidays, 10:00 am- 12:30 pm and 2:30-5:30 pm
20 rue du Logis du Roy – 60380 Gerberoy
Tel: +11 33 (0)18.104.22.168.86
Tourism office of green Picardy and it's valleys
49 bis rue du Général Leclerc – 60690 Marseille en Beauvaisis
Tel: +11 33 (03).22.214.171.124
Fax: +11 33 (0)126.96.36.199.46