Important information: COVID certificate for non-European nationals entering France

In order to facilitate the stay of non-European tourists in France, the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs set up a specific mechanism for issuing a COVID vaccine certificate of equivalence which is valid on French territory.

Who can apply for a COVID certificate?

You can apply for a COVID vaccine certificate of equivalence if you meet the following conditions:

If you have not been vaccinated in a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland or the United Kingdom (England and Wales only), as these countries issue digital COVID certificates that are accepted by France;

If you are aged 18 or over; until 30 September 2021, the COVID certificate is not required for minors aged 12 to 17 years, and children under 12 are not subject to COVID certificate requirements;

If you have been vaccinated with a vaccine accepted by the European Medicines Agency or an equivalent:

  • 4 weeks if you received a single-dose injection (Johnson&Johnson);
  • 7 days after the second injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
  • 7 days after the injection if you have recovered from COVID-19 (in this case, only one vaccine dose is necessary);

If you are already in France or the European Union or you intend to travel there within the coming days.

Process to follow

Since 27 August 2021, COVID certificate applications have been carried out online directly.

Start the procedure (External link)

We advise you to apply one week before your arrival date in France.

As soon as your application has been processed, you will receive an email with a QR code. It can be printed and presented on paper, or added to the TousAntiCovid smartphone application to prove your vaccination status.

Download TousAntiCovid application on Apple Store (External link)
Download TousAntiCovid application on Google Play (External link)

Further information

The list of vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (External link)

More information about COVID certificate (External link)

If you cannot find the answer to your question, you can write to the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs at: