The stylish city of Aix enjoys a wonderful, sunny climate, and its streets and squares are always vibrant and full of life. History is the backdrop to everyday life here: the grace and splendor of Baroque architecture are all around as you stroll through the streets, have fun shopping or relax on a cafe terrace.
Aix-en-Provence, a city of light where you will stroll, shop, saunter along the lively pedestrian streets, raise your eyes and enjoy a myriad of architectural treasures, or sit leisurely at a café terrace.
Paul Cézanne, father of impressionism, left behind some superb places of remembrance: the Lauves studio, the Jas de Bouffan family mansion and the Bibemus quarries where he had painted many of his master pieces.
All around Aix is the Pays d’Aix. Typically, Provencal, the land is covered with Cyprus, vines, and olive trees. It is like travelling in Cézanne‘s paintings, its hill’s top villages and historical places. Many types of excursions are provided in order to discover the landscape and local gastronomy.
Always welcoming, Aix-en-Provence offers much to see and to experience.
What to see ?
What to do ?
• Stroll around the historic city center
• Doing the tour “In the steps of Cezanne”
• Go shopping on the provencal markets
• Have a drink on a terrace enjoying the sun
• See the exhibition « Guggenheim masterpieces » at l’Hôtel de Caumont until 29th of September
• Hiking in the Mountain Sainte-Victoire
• Having a glass of Provence wine in the vineyard
What to taste ?
• The calissons , the specialty of the town from Le Roi René
• Rosé wine and olive oil from Terre de Mistral
• Chocolate from Chocolaterie de Puyricard
• Goat cheese from La Fromagerie du Passage or la Ferme de Bregalon