Where to brunch in Paris?
Just like Canadians, Parisians appreciate a good weekend brunch. This Anglo-Saxon custom has taken footing in the City of Light in the form of buffets, complete meals and light breakfasts fit for all tastes. We’ve narrowed down a few of our top picks to help you find your ideal Parisian brunch spot.
Chic brunch: Un dimanche à Paris
A chocolate lover’s paradise awaits you at Un dimanche à Paris, serving the creations of chocolatier Pierre Cluizel. Also on the menu are gourmet Alain Milliat fruit juices, house made hot chocolate, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, charcuterie meats, omelettes made with fresh herbs, cheeses, and the true star of the show: chocolate foie gras.
Pancakes, pastries, Poilâne bread and Bordier butter will also tantalize your taste buds.
- Where? 4-6-8 cour du Commerce Saint-André - 75006 Paris - Métro Odéon - 01 56 81 18 18
- When? Brunch is served Sundays between 12 and 6 p.m.
- How much? Between 38 € and 54 €.
Bohemian brunch: Mama Shelter
Mama Shelter offers a trendy brunch complete with a suberb patio and excellent food.
The brunch offerings are high-end, copious and original: salads, meats, cheese, pastries, scrambled eggs, and hot dishes… Come hungry for the all you can eat buffet!
A flavorful experience is guaranteed: Mama Scheller offers a brunch of impeccable quality.
- Where? 109 rue Bagnolet - 75 020 Paris - Métro Porte de Bagnolet ou Alexandre Dumas - 01 43 48 48 48
- When? Brunch is served Sundays between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m.
- How much? Adults: 42€ - Children: 20€. Reservations are recommended evenings and weekends.
Girly brunch: L'Échapée
Brunch combined with a spa day between friends: sounds tempting, doesn’t it? At L'Échapée, a gourmet brunch is best served with a side of relaxation.
Between two massages, enjoy a banquet of house-made dishes made from organic, in-season ingredients like riz au lait (a traditional French rice pudding), tarts, crème brûlée, cheese and meats, and hot dishes (vegetable lasagna and egg tarts, for example.)
- Where? 64 rue de la Folie-Méricourt - 75 011 Paris - Métro Parmentier ou Oberkampf - 01 58 30 12 50
- When? Brunch is served Saturdays and Sundays between 12 and 3 p.m.
- How much? Adults: 25€- Children under 12 years old: 10€. Reservations required.
Unique brunch outside of Paris: L'Aliénor Café
Every Sunday in February and March and from October-December, the Aliénor Café offers a truly unique brunch experience with a visit to the Fontevraud Abbey.
Tours will take you through the Abbey’s lesser-known sites, presenting a unique perspective on its history. Finish off your visit with the Aliénor Café’s brunch specially crafted for Sunday meals: Smoked trout filet on an English muffin with herbed whipped cream, egg casserole with mushrooms, a salad of rillauds on braised leeks, red wine vinaigrette, goat cottage cheese and homemade jam, and freshly-made fruit crumbles... A true feast!
- Where? Centre Culturel de L’Ouest BP 24 – 49590 Fontevraud de l’Abbaye
- When? April- September, Sundays from 12:00 pm
- How much? Adults: 29.50€ - Children under 12 years old: 20.50€- Pass Fontevraud : 22.50€ (not including alcoholic drinks).