France’s ski resorts
With ski season typically running from December through April, France’s ski resorts are gearing up to open their doors to skiers of all levels.
With some of the finest skiing in the world, the French slopes have already forged themselves a great reputation, consistently attracting many skiers from abroad. The resorts always celebrate the opening and closing of their seasons with gusto, and this year will certainly be no exception.
We’ve compiled the opening dates of France’s top resorts, organized by mountain range, so you can plan your perfect ski getaway in France.
*Edit (November 25, 2013): Following heavy snowfall, a dozen ski resorts in the Alps and the Pyrénées will open their slopes as of November 23rd-24th, several weeks earlier than originally planned. Please consult individual resorts for precise opening dates.
- Saint-Lary Soulan - December 6, 2013 - April 27, 2014
- Cauterets - End of November (exact date unspecified) - April 27, 2014
- Gérardmer - November 30, 2013 - March 23, 2014
- Champ du Feu - December 15, 2013 - March 15, 2014
- La Bresse - December 20, 2013 - March 30, 2014
- Métabief - December 1, 2013 - March 30, 2014
- Mont Jura - December 21, 2013 - March 30, 2014
- Super-Besse - November 30, 2013 - April 21, 2013
It should be noted that these dates are subject to change based on weather and snow conditions.