Each February, Saint-Martin gets dressed to celebrate and moves to the rhythm of Carnival!
From February 23rd to March 4th, 2014, you can join in on the festivities and take part in the culture of Carnival.
As it is one of the biggest events of the year, residents of Saint-Martin put on their most colourful costumes and get together to sing, dance, play music in the streets and throw confetti.
At night, concerts are organized with local artists.
Carnival ends on Mardi Gras with a large parade, festivities in Grand-Case and comes to an official close the next day, when traditional black and white costumes are worn.
On this day, the end of Carnival is marked with the symbolic death of Roi Vaval, the king of Carnival.
- February 2nd: pre-parade in Grand-Case
- Febraury 9th: pre-parade at Sandy-Ground, Marigot
- February 16th: election of Miss Pitchounette
- February 23rd: children's parade
- February 26: election of Miss teen and senior
- February 28: concert