Menton Lemon Festival
The Menton Lemon Festival (or Fête du Citron®) is a unique event, attracting over 230,000 visitors each year. It involves more than 300 professionals and requires 145 tons of citrus fruits. As well as the important citrus exhibitions, you can admire the beautiful "light gardens" and the daytime and evening parades or corsi which take place throughout Menton.
In 1928, Menton was still the number one lemon-growing region in Europe. One hotelier had the excellent idea of organising an exhibition of flowers and citrus fruit in the gardens of the Hôtel Riviera. It was so successful that, the following year, the event moved into the streets, with floats covered with orange and lemon trees.
Wishing to develop tourism, the municipality sought to give to this new event a typically local colour: The Lemon Festival was born in 1935. In 2014, the festival turns 81 and the chosen theme is: Jules Verne and the Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
The annual International Orchid Festival and Menton Craft Fair are both held at Menton's Palais de l’Europe at the same time as the Menton Lemon Festival.
Office de Tourisme de Menton - (close to the site of the event)
8 avenue Boyer, Palais de l’Europe
Booking information: +33 126.96.36.199.95
From Saturday, February 15th 2014 to Thursday, March 6th 2014
Admission fees and rates
Package 1 / Festival Sunday in Menton
- Seat in the stands at the Golden Fruit Parade, Jardins de Lumières on Sunday evening
- Adults : 32 € • Children (6 to 14 years) : 16 €
- Groups (Minimum 20 pers.) : 25 €
Package 2 / ’Entertainment Thursday
- Citrus exhibition during the day, with entertainment, seat in the stands for the night-time parade
- Adults : 28 € • Children (6 to 14 years) : 14 €
- Groups (Minimum 20 pers.) : 23 €
Package 3 / Lemon Festival week
- Jardins de Lumières on Tuesday evening, Citrus exhibition on Thursday, with, seat in the stands for the Thursday night-time parade
- Adults : 35 € • Children (6 to 14 years) : 20 €
- Groups (Minimum 20 pers.) : 30 € Valid for a stay arriving on Monday or Tuesday morning and leaving on Friday One single ticket will be issued with a punch system