Rendez-vous in Bonneval-sur-Arc
Bonneval-sur-Arc, at the foot of Europe's highest mountain pass
Located on the Route des Grandes Alpes close to the the legendary Col d'Iseran (the highest paved mountain pass in the Alps at 2,770 meters) lies the distinctive village of Bonneval-sur-Arc.
At an alititude of 1,800 meters, the village's stone houses with flower-covered balconies exist amongst a beautiful natural setting where green pastures meet bright white glaciers.
Going for a stroll along the cobblestone streets of the Écot hamlet is a must!
Not to be missed
- The stone and slate homes and the narrow streets that wind through them surrounding the dairy and Grande Maison.
- The sixteenth century church with a traditional Savoy-style steeple containing a collection of seventeenth century statues.
- Many activities are available in the wintertime, from snowshoeing and cross-country skiing to ice skating, ice-climbing and more.
- And in the summer, there's something for everyone when it comes to sporting activities: between climbing, mountaineering, mountain biking, fishing and canoeing, rest assured a stay in Bonneval-sur-Arc will be anything but boring!
In the surrounding area
- Domaine Alpin de Val Cenis Vanoise (125 km of slopes), open from December 21, 2013- April 20, 2014.
- Domaine Nordique de Bessans (133 km of slopes), open from November 16, 2013- April 18, 2014.
- Domaine Alpin de Bessans: open from December 21, 2013- April 18, 2014.
- Domaine Nordique de Bramans (30 km of slopes) and Domaine Nordique du Monolithe (30 km of slopes), open from December 21, 2013- March 30, 2014.
- Turin airport (123 km away)- shuttles are available from the airport to Haute Maurienne Vanoise.
- Chambéry airport (153 km away)
- Grenoble airport (226 km away)
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport (230 km away)
- Geneva international airport (232 km away)
By train: TGV Paris-Modane via a regular 4 hour schedule- closest station: Modane.
By car: highway A43
Tel: 001 4 79 05 95 95