Rendez-vous at the Abbey-Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in Andlau
Consecrated by Pope Leo IX in 1049, this church includes a number of remarkable Romanesque features, including in particular an 11th century crypt guarded by a sandstone she-bear, a porch, a 12th century frieze measuring 30 meters (~100 ft) long, and the most richly carved portal in Alsace.
The Virgin Mary dates from the 15th and 16th centuries, and the Pulpit from 1703.
Guided tours for groups are available by appointment.
Abbey-Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul
Cour de l'Abbaye
Tél. 03 88 08 22 57
Fax 03 88 08 66 65