Rendez-vous at the Abbey of Bec-Hellouin
This former Benedictine abbey is evidence of the order’s intellectual and religious influence in the Middle Ages
The majestic and peaceful Abbey of Notre-Dame-du-Bec stands in the heart of the Bec valley (Normandy), on the banks of the narrow river that gives the site its name.
This charming abbey, which has once again housed a community of Benedictine monks since 1948, features some of the finest ecclesiastical architecture of the 17th and 18th century.
The tour includes the cloister, the 15th century bell tower of Saint-Nicolas, the monastic quarters, the abbey church and concludes with a display of crafts and artefacts made by the monks.
- Monument accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French
- Guided tour: French, English, Italian
- Main road between Paris and Caen 43 km from Lisieux
- From Paris or Rouen: A13: Caen, A28: Alençon, exit 13 Aire d’Harcourt - Brionne-le-Neubourg, then RN138: Brionne, then D39
- From Caen: RN13, Évreux to D30, then D39
Abbaye du Bec-Hellouin
27800 Le Bec-Hellouin
Tel: +33 (0)2 32 43 72 60